Compliance with EU and UK data protection and privacy laws is a growing challenge for both EU businesses and those, such as US corporates, doing businesses in the EU directly or through branches or subsidiaries.
Many businesses now realise that ethical data protection practices are essential, both for maintenance of customer goodwill and for legal risk management.
We take a commercial, pragmatic and creative approach to data protection compliance. We provide strategic advice on:
- Notifications, registrations
- Compliance audits, programmes and training
- Data protection and HR, including recruitment and selection, screening and communications monitoring
- Making and responding to subject access requests
- Privacy policies, information security policies and data retention policies
- Compliance with e-marketing and cookie regulations
- International data transfers
- Data security breaches
- Dealings with regulatory authorities, investigations and proceedings